Copperstate 2013 Fly-in

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

newamiga

Copperstate 2013 Fly-in

Post by newamiga »

Folks,
Does anyone here have experience with the Copperstate fly-in in Casa Grande AZ? I am considering going to the show this year if the weather works out. I am curious if others have experience with previous shows, especially the LSA aspects of it? This year looks to be a bit more exciting as the FAA wants to charge for the temp tower so the organizers have decided to do it as a non-towered fly-in. I am used to busy non-towered airports. It isn't clear how busy this might be however. I think I will likely be arriving either late afternoon on Friday or first thing Saturday morning so I am guessing it might be a little less busy.

Thanks Carl
Private Pilot and RV-12 Builder
ct4me

Re: Copperstate 2013 Fly-in

Post by ct4me »

It's a great regional show. The arrival procedure is spelled out in detail on the website. Dealer demos and passenger flights have been eliminated to simplify the pattern. There has been a good deal of LSA presence. You'll be missing a lot if you miss Friday. By 2pm on Saturday things are starting to thin out.
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com