First International LSA Bahamas Fly-in Dec 10, 2010

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

Sailboss

First International LSA Bahamas Fly-in Dec 10, 2010

Post by Sailboss »

http://www.bahamas.com/sites/bahamas.co ... _flyer.pdf

Is the link to the flyer. They now allow Sport Pilots w/ Driver's License medicals!

Who else is going!
"A wholly-owned subsidiary of my wife."

Remos G3 N224DH
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

I just went to Freeport last week and had a wonderful time. One day snorkeling and kayak trip to Paradise Cove. Beautiful flight over and back and clearing Customs at Ft Pierce was a piece of cake.
FLA-CFI

Post by FLA-CFI »

We are putting together a group of LSA's leaving out of the Orlando area via Ft. Pierce for the Dec. Flyin...
After the flyin on Grand Bahama we're planning on heading to some of the out islands for a few nights.
Adam

CFI-SP, Light Sport Repairman - Maintenance, Rotax Cert.
Orlando, FL
Lspilot82

Post by Lspilot82 »

ArionAv8or wrote:I just went to Freeport last week and had a wonderful time. One day snorkeling and kayak trip to Paradise Cove. Beautiful flight over and back and clearing Customs at Ft Pierce was a piece of cake.
Don't let customs catch you bringing back a cooler full of rock lobsters from there...they'll get ya for it..lol
Brian Newman
Sailboss

Post by Sailboss »

FLA-CFI--So your group is not going to FXE. Keep me informed about the Out Islands plans!

As a reasonably new SP (April 2010) with only four long x-country flights, I could use a little advice on avoiding problems with all the warning areas along the beach. I'm looking at AGS-SGJ-FXE down the beach at 3,500'.

I usually file VFR and talk/squawk all the way. But, I really don't want any FAA or NASA conversations after landing!

Any advice or pointers?
"A wholly-owned subsidiary of my wife."

Remos G3 N224DH