09/25/10 - Smith Prairie Fly-in Bonfire - Prairie, Id. 2U0

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

Guardian Aircraft

09/25/10 - Smith Prairie Fly-in Bonfire - Prairie, Id. 2U0

Post by Guardian Aircraft »

Let's get a big crowd... September is awesome for flying here. This is a large airstrip and is quite accessible. If there are people that are planning to drive up and wish to bring things for everyone we could sure use wood, games (footballs frisbees etc.), awnings... we would greatly appreciate the help. Prairie Store is providing food for the bbq as well as rooms and extra camping on their grass if you wish. They have a monthly pilots breakfast on the first Saturday of every month, stop in and say hi sometime it's well worth the trip. We will have the Raven there, hope to see the rest of you.

Smith Prairie Airstrip Looking NE

campground on strip

Runway looking SW

Canyon near airstrip
Website Under Re-development
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

OH you are killing me here. With my business there is no way I can get away to join you but that looks like a blast. Please post pics after the event.
Guardian Aircraft

Sorry to hear you can't make it.. I'll be sure to get pics and vids of the event posted.
Guardian Aircraft

Events include STOL and Flour Bomb as well a a fly out or two i'm sure.

Access by car from Boise and Mountain Home for those who can't fly in.

I'm coordinating food this week... let me know if you plan to go.. might get some good food made for us.
Guardian Aircraft

Due to unforeseen circumstances we have to cancel the Fly-in. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule down the line. Thanks for your interest, sorry for any inconvenience.