4th. Annual CT and LSA Page, AZ Fly-In

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

roger lee

4th. Annual CT and LSA Page, AZ Fly-In

Post by roger lee »

Hi Guys,

I think we are going well past our original 40 rooms at Page. This Fly-In is taking on a life of its own. A lot of new names I don't know. We may drop about 10% the day or two before as usual due to bad weather at someones home base or a medical reason, but we are going to be big this year. We will have to be at least as organized as last year or more. I was told that the FBO likes us and has a big picture of us in his lobby now from last year.
We are without a doubt the largest CT Fly-In in the world. That said I also want to take this time to thank all of our other flying friends with LSA or GA aircraft that come to be part of our group. They have always been welcome and always will be. This makes this event really a special kind of fun for me and a chance to meet everyone I have talked to over the years. I always enjoy getting together with all my old friends.

p.s.
If you really haven't made any reservations yet you better get on your horse and get it done. I don't know where we will get cut off because there aren't any more rooms available. Remember large tour groups come in and take all the other rooms.

Do it now!

p.s.
I hope they have enough food in page to feed all of us! ;)
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Roger,
As you know I have been to Page the last two years.. The first year I drove there just to meet everyone.. I was well received and was able to get two flights with people that I had never met. The second year (still not yet licensed) I flew there with my CFI in my Allegro 2000 and had a blast.

So Everyone who can please join us..... CT, Allegro or any other LSA or low and slow flying aircraft.. If you have to go over 115 MPH you will NOT like flying with us!!!!

Brian
N3081x
Taylor Az
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
roger lee

Page, AZ Fly-In update

Post by roger lee »

Hi All,

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry only a room or two left.

Just a little info update. I have talked to Page, AZ airport manager and Classic FBO at Page and let them know there will be approximately 40 aircraft descending on them Oct. 14th. We have been welcomed back every year because of our great manners and curtious airport practices. I hope we keep up the good work.

I have also talked to the Monument Vally folks and Ruby's Inn folks in Bryce to let them know we have a group of people 12-15 Friday and Saturday morning for breakfast. Every thing seems to be all set up. I do not know for sure if we have any more rooms. We only had one a couple of days ago. We have 40 aircraft scheduled for Page so far.

4th Annual Page, AZ Fly-In
Oct. 14-17 2010

Howdy All,

Bring your cameras!!

Here are the GPS coordinates for our different area flights. These aren't etched in stone and you don't have to fly these if you don't want to, but they will keep you from getting lost and take you right over the major flight paths we will more or less follow. This year we will break up in groups and then each group will take a different flight each morning. This will keep us from having 30-40 aircraft going into the same areas each flight. We will discuss this further at the Thursday evening meal. We have the restaurant all to ourselves again and dinners catered. Breakfast is either the free one at the hotel, out at the local restaurants or during one of your flights at the local airport restaurant as will lunch.

The flights below are round trip in a large circle and they can be shortened by quite a bit if you want to shorten the distance.

General info:

Page, AZ Airport (KPGA) Runway 15-33 Freq. 122.8

FBO: Classic @ 122.85 Kris 928-645-5356

Chat Freq. we can use for our own group and for separation of each flight group while in different areas. These will be assigned each night at dinner for the following day’s group flights.
123.45, 127.47, 127.45, 127.5, ect…

Grand Canyon Flight
Grand Canyon (see Grand Canyon VFR map) KPGA round trip is 193 miles 1.7 hrs.
Route: KPGA south through Marble Canyon (monitor 120.05) climbing to 10.5K to enter Zuni Corridor @ N36 17.38 / W111 51.04 to exit @ N35 58.33 / W111 53.39. Turn west along south canyon rim climbing to 11.5K to Fossil Corridor. Switch and monitor 127.05. Turn north and enter Fossil Corridor at 11.5K @ N36 16.43 / W112 34.97. Exit Fossil Corridor @ N36 22.87 / W112.18.70 switch back to 120.05. Proceed back to KPGA or tour along the Vermillion Cliff area then back to Page.

Note* You aren’t really that high off the rim as it is approximately 7500’ elevation.

Monument Valley Flight
Monument Valley Airport (UT25) Runway 16-34 You only land on 16 and take off on 34 Freq. 122.9 Round trip approx. 185 miles 2 hrs. There is a restaurant and we will have breakfast there on Friday and Saturday flights. A van will be available to take us up the hill or if you prefer a nice morning walk have at it.

KPGA to approx. N37 01.003 / W110 12.020 to Mexican Hat @ N37 09.016 / W109 51.541, then west to Lake Powell @ N37 17.535 / W 110 23.171 then south to KPGA

This will give you only a general route and/or you can and probably will zig zag around Monument Valley to take in all the sites. Flight altitude is up to you so long as you don’t run into a rock wall. (Only once J)

Bryce & Zion National Park Flight
Bryce Airport (BCE) Freq. 122.8 Runway 03-21 272 miles 2.5 hrs.

KPGA to BCE general area around the canyon sites then southwest to Zion Park general area @ N37 14.847 / W113 05.115. You can head back to KPGA at this point or head into St. George Airport (SGU) Runway 16-34 Freq. 122.8 for breakfast then back to KPGA. We are going to have breakfast at Bryce Canyon Ruby’s Inn on Friday and Saturday.

Lake Powell Flight
Follow Lake Powell up the channel northeast bound. The channel will then end and turn to the west a few miles then takes up another large channel and back south into KPGA. You can fly very low or high and it’s up to you. I like low through the channel. There are some altitude, i.e. even and odds, they suggest you fly to stay with the flow with possible other traffic. I will have that info before we get to the Fly-In and have our pilot briefings. “Rainbow Bridge” scenic sight GPS coordinates N37 04.37.39 / W110 57.53.06

The Antelope Canyon ground jeep tour will be available again and the tour of the dam. If you haven’t been then you should go.

Dinner Thursday night at the Ranch House grill at 1700 hrs. We will have a little social hour before the meal. This is only 2 blocks away up the street. Dinner is there all three nights as it is a little hard to find a table for 80 at most restaurants. The restaurant is closed and only open to us. It is all inclusive, drinks, salad, two entree meal plus sides and desert. Seconds are good, too. Bring your own alcohol if you want wine or beer. All other drinks they supply. This is when we will decide on our daily flight's and times out.

Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Bump coming up soon!!!
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
roger lee

Need info on a few Page, AZ attendees

Post by roger lee »

Hi All,

These people are on the CT list at the hotel for the Page, AZ Fly-In, but I have zip except for a name.
I am doing an attendees sheet for the Page Fly-In for name tags and flight ID's and I have most people except these few.
If any ones knows these pilots or owners please have them send me an email with their Name, passenger name, N number, town and state where they live and their cell phone number. This is important.
Of course please check my spelling.
My email is: [email protected]

Jim Hamilton
L.E. Harper
Brett Gingery
Carry Lidel
Richard Reynolds

The sooner the better.
Looks like a sell out crowd. Should be fun.

Thanks
Last edited by roger lee on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

A little more Page, AZ Fly-IN info

Post by roger lee »

This is for all coming to Page, Az in a few weeks. We will stop in Monument Valley for breakfast. They have cables on the ground to tie to, but no chains or ropes to attach to your wings. I'm not sure how Bryce Canyon airport is set up. I think they do have tiedowns.

If you are going to stop with us in Monument Valley bring 3 pieces of rope to tie yourself down to their cables.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

It is only a few weeks away!

Post by roger lee »

Bump

40 + LSA coming, why aren't you?
You've never flown over scenery like this and all in a few days.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Who's coming

Post by roger lee »

Hi All,

I have at 40+ LSA aircraft coming to Page, AZ Fly-In. Is anyone from this list coming? I would like to get name badges made for all that are coming. I do have a list from the hotel and a few names I don't recognize. I have most attendees info, but lack a few. If you are coming please send me your name, passenger name, tail number, city&state and cell number to be put on our list and get everything set up on our list.
This is going to be a big year. It's always lots of fun and the number keeps growing every year.

If you aren't coming your missing a great flight adventure.
We will try and post pictures and videos when we are done.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Page, AZ Fly-In was a great success and lots of fun

Post by roger lee »

Hi All,

If you missed the Page, AZ Fly-In it was great and a ton of fun. Scenery like you can't see any where else and just great people. If you want to see pictures go on over to www.ctflier.com and go down to Fly-In's then open Page, AZ. There are some links to pictures there and there are some listed up in the gallery section up by the main header. Some of the pictures are just stunning.
If you missed this year there will be another in October 2011.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)