Can a PP give demo flights

The Federal Aviation Regulations (also know as FAR's). This is the Bible of aviation, the rules under which we operate. This is where you'll find everything you want to know about pilots and airplanes in the United States. Ask questions. Get answers.

Moderator: drseti

Merlinspop

Can a PP give demo flights

Post by Merlinspop »

As a Private Pilot with no medical, I know I could earn a CFI-P and give lessons to SP students. But if I were working at an LSA dealership, would I be able to provide demo rides to potential buyers? I thought I read somewhere that demo pilots needed a valid medical, but can't find it now.

Just thinking out loud.
- Bruce
FlyingForFun

Re: Can a PP give demo flights

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Bruce, the solution is for you to get your CFI (under either Subpart H or K) and then give the prospective aircraft customer an introductory lesson.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

drseti wrote:Bruce, the solution is for you to get your CFI (under either Subpart H or K) and then give the prospective aircraft customer an introductory lesson.
Yeah... that's the way the daydreams have been going during my mind-numbing commutes.
- Bruce