Anyone affected by the Rotax Gear Box recall for the 912/914

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

ka7eej

Anyone affected by the Rotax Gear Box recall for the 912/914

Post by ka7eej »

Please let me know how you are going to handle this recall???

Thanks, Brian
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

i am,

i will have flight design west do it all for me
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Are they close to you? So are they going to charge you for removing and reinstalling the gear box. I am thinking of flying from Az to Oakland North and having California Power Systems do it. As a Rotax repair station they said that they would do the removal, repair and reinstall under warranty, Otherwise I would have to pay for the removal and ship it to them for repair and pay for the reinstall.... How is it going to work with your CT?
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

flight design west did the last sb's in my hangar. i have my 2nd annual coming up and will probably get both done at the same time.

they are less than 1hour away.