Sportstar with engine 130Hp

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

copilot

Sportstar with engine 130Hp

Post by copilot »

I am sportstar owner power by 100 hp engine but really interested change my engine due heavy weight also low Cruise speed(85knot).
prefer use 130hp engine limbach from Germany or Jabiru 3300cc 120hp .
Please let me know if any one have any same experience or idea which help to decide to do it or not in case of change which one will suite for sportstar ?

Mario
________
HONDA CBF600
Last edited by copilot on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurofoxjames

Re: Sportstar with engine 130Hp

Post by eurofoxjames »

copilot wrote:I am sportstar owner power by 100 hp engine but really interested change my engine due heavy weight also low Cruise speed(85knot).
prefer use 130hp engine limbach from Germany or Jabiru 3300cc 120hp .
Please let me know if any one have any same experience or idea which help to decide to do it or not in case of change which one will suite for sportstar ?

Mario

Why only 85 knots? Seems way low!! Have you thought about a prop (different pitch)?

I get 105-110 or so knots in my Eurofox, hard to believe you are only seeing 85?

James
EuroFox N617B
michaelheit

Post by michaelheit »

I owuld ahve to agree, check the prop pitch. It seems really slow to only get 85 MPH out of that bird. Did you mean 85 Kts?