914 it making power

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

RUDY2

914 it making power

Post by RUDY2 »

Folks , I need some help here. Finally was able to get my Aeropilot L600 after an extremely long wait. It has a rotax 914. The cylinders 1&3 run cool and the engine is not making full power. Any ideas of what I sho7ld do?
Thanks!
Rudy
RUDY2

Re: 914 it making power

Post by RUDY2 »

Topic is 914 NOT making power. Damn autocorrect
drseti

Post by drseti »

I would start by checking the carb floats and synchronization. Even though the 914 is turbocharged, it still uses the same Bing 64 carbs as the 912. Cylinders 1 and 3 are driven by the right-hand carb, so check that one first.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
RUDY2

Post by RUDY2 »

Thanks!
Let’s hope that works. There is a nice A&P who comes but he is not Rotax trained. Are there any things I should tell him about the synchronization?
drseti

Post by drseti »

The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

RUDY2 wrote:Thanks!
Let’s hope that works. There is a nice A&P who comes but he is not Rotax trained. Are there any things I should tell him about the synchronization?
Please , please, please find yourself a LSRM to work on your Rotax powered LSA. I know there are some A&P's who have LSA experience along with Rotax training but if this guy has neither do yourself a big favor and find a qualified mechanic to work on your plane. You shouldn't have to tell your mechanic how to do his job. :mrgreen:

Here's a link to a map with qualified LSRM service techs with Rotax training to help you out.

https://rainbowaviation.com/?page_id=4854
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »