New Service Bulletin from Rotax SB-912-074 - Carb Floats

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

ShawnM

New Service Bulletin from Rotax SB-912-074 - Carb Floats

Post by ShawnM »

Here's the info on the latest SB from Rotax for yet another mandatory swap of carb floats if yours meet their criteria. This SB came out 4 days ago on 12/3/2020. There are two parts numbers that are listed in the SB for a swap. There is a link on the page below to download the PDF version of the SB.

https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/componen ... s-id-guide
fatsportpilot

Re: New Service Bulletin from Rotax SB-912-074 - Carb Floats

Post by fatsportpilot »

I read about this on Rotax-Owner.com and I'm just shaking my head. At this point it really seems like it would be better of them to ditch the BINGs and design a new altitude compensating carb in house.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Ha , dodged this one ... in 2019 I replaced my floats due to actual issues with one of them and thankfully my new set was #861189 ... so I am good until another bulletin and yet another new # :D
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Warmi wrote:Ha , dodged this one ... in 2019 I replaced my floats due to actual issues with one of them and thankfully my new set was #861189 ... so I am good until another bulletin and yet another new # :D
Don't worry Warmi, when Rotax sales slow down again for whatever reason they'll issue another SB just for you. :mrgreen:

Glad to hear you have the good floats......
drseti

Post by drseti »

I have 4 new floats in inventory, purchased two months ago from Lockwood. I'll have to check the numbers on them when I get back to the hangar.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US