VZ Power Turbo

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

jboyd

VZ Power Turbo

Post by jboyd »

I've reviewed the Edge Performance enhancements but curious if anyone has investigated VZ Power? Website claims DULV certification?
MrMorden

Re: VZ Power Turbo

Post by MrMorden »

jboyd wrote:I've reviewed the Edge Performance enhancements but curious if anyone has investigated VZ Power? Website claims DULV certification?
I don't know what this is...explain?
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Never heard about it but here it is from one of their faq items ...

The DULV is a German certification body that deals with certification of ultralights of any kind, and related equipement. Its certification means that the quality and specifications of the product is consistent to published standards, and that quality assurance over the production process is guaranteed.
This certification is needed in order to legally sell and then register any aircraft or gyrocopter with our engine, as factory new. All ULM manufacturers can benefit from this certification, and are now able to equip their flying machines with our engine. This certification pertains to the ultralight context and should not be confused with an FAA or EASA one, which targets the general aviation industry.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
jboyd

Post by jboyd »

Thanks Warmi, I had read the same thing but was hoping someone with far more experience than me in evaluating turbo options might have more information. I can't find anything where DULV certification has really impacted/interested the European manufacturers- only that it exists and VZ Power has obtained it.