Taking the Jan 2019 LSRM Course

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

JJay

Taking the Jan 2019 LSRM Course

Post by JJay »

I'm registered for the January, 2019 LSRM training course at Rainbow Aviation. Very excited.

Anyone else from this forum going to be there?

Anyone have any leads on cheap housing or transportation near Corning, CA that Rainbow doesn't already promote?
ShawnM

Re: Taking the Jan 2019 LSRM Course

Post by ShawnM »

Hi Jay, sounds exciting. I've thought about taking it myself. Good luck and please report back.

I'm taking the LSRI class, also given by Rainbow, but they are coming to Orlando (X04) next March 31 and April 1st. There are still 5 seats left if anyone else is interested. I also have plans for the Rotax service and maintenance classes down in Sebring.
drseti

Post by drseti »

FWIW, I'm registered for the Rotax service, maintenance, and heavy maintenance renewal courses at Lockwood the week before Expo. Hoping to see some of my fellow Rotax repairmen from this forum. (If you're planning to take any of those courses and haven't yet registered, it's time to call Dean or Raphaela.)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
smutny

Post by smutny »

I went to Rainbow earlier this year. Split the AirBnB house with two other students, that worked real well. Besides the overall housing cost, it's nice to have a full kitchen to keep meal costs down as well.
John Smutny
LSRM - A/WS/PPC/Glider
iRMT
Normandy Aircraft @ S50
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

drseti wrote:FWIW, I'm registered for the Rotax service, maintenance, and heavy maintenance renewal courses at Lockwood the week before Expo. Hoping to see some of my fellow Rotax repairmen from this forum. (If you're planning to take any of those courses and haven't yet registered, it's time to call Dean or Raphaela.)
I flew down to Sebring just over a week ago to pick up my oil, filter and plugs for my annual this month and talked with Raphaela about the classes. January's classes do fill up quick because many are here for the LSA show and want to do it all in one trip. If anyone is thinking about it dont wait too long. :shock: