Cessnaa type master switch/Rotax 912

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

chuckb01

Cessnaa type master switch/Rotax 912

Post by chuckb01 »

I'm in the process of building a Seastar, also know as the Peturi in Brazil. I am using a Rotax 912ULS 100HP engine. I have the instrument panel almost done and it was an immense amount of work. One of the things I did that I maybe shouldn't have was install a 2 part Cessna Master switch. This is for the master bat relay and the Alt Field. Terminal "C" on the Rotax regulator. It is not wired yet. Can I use this on this engine/ regulator combination with out causing any damage and will it work as it does on other configurations. In other words can I start the engine with terminal "C" disconnected from B+ and then switch it on after the engine is started without causing damage? If it does work, i probably don't need it, but it's there. The avionics buss will have an independent switch. Or maybe i can just use the Alt switch for that?
3Dreaming

Re: Cessnaa type master switch/Rotax 912

Post by 3Dreaming »

I start my CT with only the battery switch on, and then turn on the generator switch. So I think it should work.
chuckb01

Post by chuckb01 »

3Dreaming Thanks for your answer. And you are using a 912 with the factory regulator? Could you make a small simple sketch of the switch location? I assume it is between the "C" terminal on the regulator and the B+ ? I just need to be sure. Thanks again. :)
chuckb01

Post by chuckb01 »

THANKS!