Rotax Repairman Inspection Airplane

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

TN8S

Rotax Repairman Inspection Airplane

Post by TN8S »

Heading to Rainbow Aviation in Apopka FL in April for the two day 16 hour course. Really looking forward to it! Any thoughts out there on attending this training not with Rainbow but the curriculum that Rotax offers. I've only heard good things about Rainbow and looking forward to increasing my knowledge base. Many thanks for your input.

Tim
Hollywood, SC
Scooper

Re: Rotax Repairman Inspection Airplane

Post by Scooper »

I took the 16 hour LSA Repairman - Inspection course at the Rainbow Aviation Services facility in Corning, CA a year ago and received my FAA LSA Repairman - Inspection certificate in January. I had to take the Rainbow course completion certificate to the local Oakland FSDO and fill out the application paperwork with a FSDO inspector.

Brian and Carol are very knowledgeable and do a great job presenting the material. The 16 hour LSRI course had some Rotax 912 hands-on, but it wasn't exclusively about Rotax engines as I would expect a course conducted by Rotax to be.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)