Rotax Service and Maintenance Courses

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

BRCC

Rotax Service and Maintenance Courses

Post by BRCC »

I am pleased to announce Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA) will be offering courses in Rotax Service and Maintenance for 9-Series this summer. The Service Class will be held 6-7 June 2017 and the Maintenance Class will be held 8-9 June 2017. The classes are taught by Dean Vogel from Lockwood Aviation. http://training.lockwood.aero/

Please call 540-453-2372 to register for Rotax Service/Maintenance classes or use the links to sign up online:
- Rotax Service Training (https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?met ... talog_id=0)
- Rotax Maintenance Training (https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?met ... talog_id=0)

Note: the Service Training class is a prerequisite to take the Maintenance Training class.
We have a maximum of 16 seats in the Service class and 12 seats in the Maintenance class.

Classes are taught at the Weyers Cave campus and labs are held at our hangar located at the Shenandoah Regional Airport (SHD).

For further information or questions please feel free to contact me.

Keith Dennis
Instructional Assistant – AMT Program
Blue Ridge Community College
43 Aviation Circle, Suite 101
Hangar 4 East
Weyers Cave, VA 24486
Office (540) 453-2508
[email protected]
BRCC

Re: Rotax Service and Maintenance Courses

Post by BRCC »

Just a little bump for clarification, registration is open until the classes actually start (06 June: Service class, and 08 June: Maintenance class).

However, we need a minimum of six students enrolled 30 days prior in order to hold the classes.

I hope that makes sense. :D
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

Hi folks! Still have seats to fill. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion or inquiries regarding the class.

Any ideas why?
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

People like pictures. Here's Dean in the classroom from a previous year here at Blue Ridge Community College. Get the same course content and quality instruction minus Florida's June heat, humidity, and mosquitoes.
Rotax Training At BRCC.jpg
Rotax Training At BRCC.jpg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 18827 times
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

It was brought to my attention this morning that the class will also cover information on the 914.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

We have met our minimum required number of students to hold the classes and it's a go!
I have received feedback that the online registration process is very frustrating. I spoke with the enrollment desk personnel and made them aware that I am going to recommend people register via phone. I'll post the link below where you can download the forms and also FAX or mail your applications.

https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?met ... tentID=148

Registration is open until the day before classes start.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend! :D
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

Enrollment really took off last week and we have 22 of 28 seats filled. Still time to enroll by calling 540-453-2215.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

We ended up filling 27 of 28 seats between the two classes. Many thanks to those folks who attended and to the others that helped spread the word. :wink:

Next year's classes are tentatively scheduled:
- Service Class: 5-6 June
- Maintenance Class: 7-8 June

Details to follow...
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

BRCC wrote:Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA) will be offering courses in Rotax Service and Maintenance for 9-Series this summer. The Service Class will be held 5-6 June 2018 and the Maintenance Class will be held 7-8 June 2018. The classes are taught by Dean Vogel from Lockwood Aviation. http://training.lockwood.aero/

Please call 540-453-2372 or 540-453-2215 to register for Rotax Service/Maintenance classes or use the links to sign up online:
- Rotax Service Training (https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?met ... gory_id=90)
- Rotax Maintenance Training (https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?met ... gory_id=90)

Note: the Service Training class is a prerequisite to take the Maintenance Training class.
We have a maximum of 16 seats in the Service class and 12 seats in the Maintenance class. NOTE: We need a minimum of 6 people signed up for each class no later than 04 May 2018 in order to hold the classes.

Classes are taught at the Weyers Cave campus and labs are held at our hangar located at the Shenandoah Regional Airport (SHD).

For further information or questions please feel free to contact me.

Keith Dennis
Instructional Assistant – AMT Program
Blue Ridge Community College
43 Aviation Circle, Suite 101
Hangar 4 East
Weyers Cave, VA 24486
Office (540) 453-2508
[email protected]
Updated information for the 2018 classes.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

We are still looking for people to meet our minimum enrollment numbers:
- Four more in Service class
- Five more in Maintenance

If we don't meet our numbers by 4 May 2018, we'll have to cancel. :(

Feel free to contact us for any questions.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

Looks like I'll have to amend the deadline and move it up to the 2nd of May, vice the 4th. That gives everyone three days to wear their significant other down to see the benefits of taking this course! :mrgreen:
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

BRCC wrote:Looks like I'll have to amend the deadline and move it up to the 2nd of May, vice the 4th. That gives everyone three days to wear their significant other down to see the benefits of taking this course! :mrgreen:
I forgot to mention that you can call 540-453-2215 and sign up for the classes, vice going through the college enrollment system.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

BRCC wrote:
BRCC wrote:Looks like I'll have to amend the deadline and move it up to the 2nd of May, vice the 4th. That gives everyone three days to wear their significant other down to see the benefits of taking this course! :mrgreen:
I forgot to mention that you can call 540-453-2215 and sign up for the classes, vice going through the college enrollment system.
For anyone who signed up for the course(s) online, PLEASE call 540-453-2215 to confirm enrollment.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

I'm happy to report that we have met the minimum number of enrolled students and the Service and Maintenance classes are a GO! :D

There are still seats available, so if you find yourself with the extra time and money to attend we'd be thrilled to see you!