brake pads for StingSport

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

bstrachan

brake pads for StingSport

Post by bstrachan »

Anyone have a source for brake pads for an '06 StingSport? The factory-installed pads are made by SBS, a Danish company that is pretty well unknown in the western US. The SBS part number is 105HF.
dstclair

Re: brake pads for StingSport

Post by dstclair »

dave
bstrachan

Post by bstrachan »

Thanks. Never thought of Ebay. This is about 1/4 the price the distributor gets, if they have them at all.
dstclair

Post by dstclair »

Yup -- wish I would've taken my own advice before replacing the pads at my annual a few months back :oops:
dave
bstrachan

Post by bstrachan »

Ordered the pads.... on their way from Norway :-)

Do you fly an SS? I've had some issues contacting SportAir lately... wondering if it's just me....
dstclair

Post by dstclair »

I'm one model newer than you -- Sting S3.

I'm guessing that they were on skeleton staff in the office during Sun-n-Fun and Aero Friedrichshafen but should be at full office strength this week. They uploaded pictures on the Facebook page yesterday unloading a Sirius so looks like business as usual.
dave
bstrachan

Post by bstrachan »

dstclair wrote:I'm one model newer than you -- Sting S3.

I'm guessing that they were on skeleton staff in the office during Sun-n-Fun and Aero Friedrichshafen but should be at full office strength this week. They uploaded pictures on the Facebook page yesterday unloading a Sirius so looks like business as usual.

Roger that. Thx
drdehave

Post by drdehave »

You (we) can also purchase our Sting brake pads from any Harley Davidson Motorcycle dealer.

Just ask the parts person for PN 1720-0077, GMA "F" pads for Model "F" calipers. Cost is about $45 to $60 for a set of four, depending upon which Hog dealer you select.

Side note: I'm on my third set of pads in 1,500 hours--or about 500 hours per set, depending how you are on the brakes, I guess...
Sting Flight (Flying the Sting LSA)
http://www.youtube.com/user/9162069934/featured
bstrachan

Post by bstrachan »

Good info. Thanks.