LSA wheel balancer

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

Mark Gregor

LSA wheel balancer

Post by Mark Gregor »

We are looking for the best wheel balancer that would fit typical size LSA wheels

Jake
roger lee

Re: LSA wheel balancer

Post by roger lee »

I have been using this for years and it works very well. I use two different size centers. I use the 15" axle, a set of DU42 centers and a smallest set of centers which I can't remember the number. If you call them use may name and have them look up the last invoice. For me this works well and I use the 1/4 oz. stick on weights. They will not come off if put on properly. Clean the wheel area 3 times with lacquer thinner and put them on a flat surface. This unit is so sensitive just a little wind or breeze will make the wheel turn. These are high dollar bearings.

http://www.marcparnes.com/Universal_Mot ... lancer.htm
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
Mark Gregor

Post by Mark Gregor »

Thank you very much Roger.
will get one ordered up!
Torque

Post by Torque »

I have a cheaper solution to this problem. I am all about trying to save a buck.

Get yourself an axle shaft and two bearings.

Stick the tire and rim into the axle shaft and install bearings. Support this with a piece of wood with a V notch cut in the top.

Put that 100 bucks back into your pocket. Some people might already have most the parts for this in thier tool box and it works just like that one for over 100 bucks.