Tad Olmsted moving to Winter Haven, FL

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

Tad Olmsted

Tad Olmsted moving to Winter Haven, FL

Post by Tad Olmsted »

I have indeed made the move to Winter Haven, FL(KGIF). My new facility is over 11,000 square feet and is more than triple my old Sebring facility. I have out-grown my old facility in Sebring in a very short period of time. My new shop will bring more competitive pricing on parts with more buying power and suppliers. There are alot of exciting things coming along with this move, but I can't say too much. As always, you all can continue to deal with me and call or email as you see fit. KGIF offers more ammentities in the community and will decrease the amount of down time while waiting on parts and suppliers which are very limited in the small town of Sebring.

I started my aviation career in 1990 as a helicoptor mechanic in the US Marine Corps and did one tour of duty. I have been doing LSA/ Rotax heavy maintenance and structural repair since 2007. I am an AP/IA with several authorized service centers on my resume including; Tecnam, Flight Design, Aeroprakt, Evektar and Alto. Please feel free to drop me an email or call me any time. We are open Monday thru Saturday and can work on Sundays if needed. We do not charge overtime or weekend rates, only $75/ manhour or flat fees.

Stop in and say howdy if you are in the niegborhood
Tad Olmsted
Director of Maintenence
2073 US HWY 92 KGIF
863-446-3001 cell
[email protected]
AP 3352190 IA, Rotax Heavy Certified

DEPENDABILITY... the certainty of proper performance of duty
drseti

Post by drseti »

Congratulations, Tad! I was impressed by your KSEF facility, so I know I'm going to be dazzled by the new one. How far is Winter Haven from Sebring? (Maybe I can stop by when I come down for next year's Expo.)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Tad Olmsted

Post by Tad Olmsted »

25 minutes by air
Tad Olmsted
Director of Maintenence
2073 US HWY 92 KGIF
863-446-3001 cell
[email protected]

Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Tad's location is far more convenient for folks visiting the many popular destinations in Central Florida than his '25 mins by air' comment might suggest. Neat airport and very popular with transients, too.

Best wishes on the move, Tad. Sounds like you are building on success...
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
Tad Olmsted

Re: Tad Olmsted moving to Winter Haven, FL

Post by Tad Olmsted »

I announced to everyone that I had moved to Winter Haven, Florida and it would bring better saving to all of my customers... well here it is!

10 % fuel discounts will start immediately when you schedule your annual inspection with me. This is good for the entire year, no matter how much fuel you burn, and is currently at $0.56 per gallon off the normal price. You can schedule your inspection now with a $300 deposit (which is refundable) and start your savings now. This is good for up to 4 months out. If for some reason when it is time and you can't make it, I will refund your deposit.

I work on light sport and all general aviation airplanes specializing in structural repair and restoration. We have a fairly new FBO with a great restaurant and I can even give you or a friend a $0.30 per gallon fuel discount just for dropping in for a hamburger. So bring a friend and come check me out at Gilbert Field (KGIF).

I now offer altimeter and transponder re-certification. I am scheduling my next batch for Sept 14. I want to start a monthly block where I can get a bunch done at once, this will also bring saving when I bundle them together.

Mode C VRF is $ 75.00
Mode C IFR is $150.00
Tad Olmsted
Director of Maintenence
2073 US HWY 92 KGIF
863-446-3001 cell
[email protected]