New Rotax fuel pump

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

roger lee

New Rotax fuel pump

Post by roger lee »

I believe CPS will have some of the new Rotax fuel pumps next week. The price will be the same as the old pump. About $163 for just the pump and $563+ for hoses and all. Just the pump for me please.
The new pump also has a fitting off it's bottom for a drain hose in case it leaks.

The new Rotax oil filters are out in circulation. They are different and not just 3mm longer. I haven't pulled one apart yet, but you can not
pre-fill the new filters. Don't even both trying. It looks as though there are two by pass valves. When I get an oil change with one I'll cut one open and take some pictures. (no I won't cut open a new one)
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
drseti

Re: New Rotax fuel pump

Post by drseti »

roger lee wrote:When I get an oil change with one I'll cut one open and take some pictures. (no I won't cut open a new one)
Roger, you'd be doing all of us a service by posting pictures when you do open one up. (I just did an oil change yesterday, but am still using up old stock of the original filter, so it will be quite a while before I see the insides of a new one.)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
roger lee

New oil filter

Post by roger lee »

The old oil filters are in the blue and white box and the new filters are in an all white box.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)