REMOS NOSE WHEEL DIP TUBE (STRUT) REPLACEMENT

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

bitten192

REMOS NOSE WHEEL DIP TUBE (STRUT) REPLACEMENT

Post by bitten192 »

Just replaced the dip tube per SB003. Had to remove the battery & air box. The official procedure provided by REMOS is unworkable. I got an unofficial copy of the draft procedure from Arkansas which is much better than the official procedure. Email me if you want a copy.

Ernie LSRM-AP
seaplane_tux

DIP TUBE REPLACEMENT

Post by seaplane_tux »

Yeh, we were shaking our head the whole time as we changed the one up here in Arlington, Wa. The S.B. 003 would have been better if it just said reverse disassembly :lol:
Klaus

Arlington, Washington
snaproll

Dip tube replacement

Post by snaproll »

Would appreciate a copy. I still need to change mine. Email is [email protected]. Appreciate the assistance.. VR.. Don Stits N29GX
snaproll

Remos Nose Gear Dip Tube

Post by snaproll »

Changed mine today.. 4 hours with two people. The old one appeared OK untill I was sliding the bearing race off the tube - about .020 out of round approximatly 12 inches from the bottom. Would suggest no procrastination making the change. VR.. Don Stits