New Rotax fuel pump on the way

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

roger lee

New Rotax fuel pump on the way

Post by roger lee »

Hi All,

Someone mentioned on another thread about a new and improved Rotax fuel pump. The short answer is yes and it will be in a store near you by the end of May. The old pumps just had too many issues and Rotax took the initiative and finally designed a new and better pump. The fittings in and out will be replaceable and it is far more solid inside and out. It is a totally different shape, but still a drop in replacement. I don't have the price yet and neither do the distributors as of a couple of days ago. If you need a pump now, then I hope you can find one on a shelf as I know some are out of stock on the old pumps and will not be getting any more until the new ones hit the market.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)