Remos GX electrical problems

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

stanjan

Remos GX electrical problems

Post by stanjan »

I purchased a Remos GX last year with the aviator II glass panel. I have been having severe voltage drop offs as the plane heats up. Mainly affects the radios. (tansmissions are broken up, particularly at low RPM). Remos is reportedly having this problem with many of the aircraft delivered with the aviator II package. Remos suggested a grounding problem fix but so far this has not helped. Remos support as posted else where on this forum isn't.

Anyone else facing this problem? Have you found a solution.
FLA-CFI

Re: Remos GX electrical problems

Post by FLA-CFI »

stanjan wrote:I purchased a Remos GX last year with the aviator II glass panel. I have been having severe voltage drop offs as the plane heats up. Mainly affects the radios. (tansmissions are broken up, particularly at low RPM). Remos is reportedly having this problem with many of the aircraft delivered with the aviator II package. Remos suggested a grounding problem fix but so far this has not helped. Remos support as posted else where on this forum isn't.

Anyone else facing this problem? Have you found a solution.
We've been through these issues with our G3, AII package like yours. PM me and I can give you my contact info to discuss if you are still looking for help....
Adam

CFI-SP, Light Sport Repairman - Maintenance, Rotax Cert.
Orlando, FL