Sting Sport Canopy Gap

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

JJay

Re: Sting Sport Canopy Gap

Postby JJay » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 pm

JJay, I knew the previous owner, Eugene, and even shared a hangar with him at X35 for a while until he bought his C172. Hopefully with the knowledge here on the forum you'll get this sorted out soon.

Hi ShawnM - yes, Eugene is a great guy. Haven't talked to him in months. Glad to hear he got a 172, I knew that's what he was looking for.

Are you still at X35? What do you fly?

JJay

Postby JJay » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Flightaware maintains what amounts to history of the plane registration , not sure how accurate it is thought ..

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N686N

Thanks Warmi. I didn't know Flightaware did that! The information there seems to jive with what the previous owner told me when I bought the plane. Now I have an accurate history. Awesome!

ShawnM

Postby ShawnM » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 pm

JJay wrote:
JJay, I knew the previous owner, Eugene, and even shared a hangar with him at X35 for a while until he bought his C172. Hopefully with the knowledge here on the forum you'll get this sorted out soon.

Hi ShawnM - yes, Eugene is a great guy. Haven't talked to him in months. Glad to hear he got a 172, I knew that's what he was looking for.

Are you still at X35? What do you fly?

Eugene has moved up to the Williston airport with his C172. He has a family he needed more room so he bought a C172 and got his private rating. I visited him a few months ago when I flew up for breakfast at Williston. Great restaurant if you are looking for a place to fly to.

I was only training at X35 like Eugene. I also lived in Gainesville like Eugene. X35 was the closest airport with a sport pilot instructor. I have since moved to Clearwater and I own a 2007 SportCruiser that I keep at KZPH.

Good luck with your canopy.

Return to “Ask The Mechanic”