LSA Insurance Medical Omission....

Bob Mackey, Vice President of Falcon Insurance Agency (the official insurance agency for the EAA's Aircraft Insurance Plan), has graciously agreed to moderate this forum and answer your aircraft insurance questions. Thanks Bob!

Moderators: drseti, Bob Mackey

Do you Sport fly with a medical condition that would otherwise prevent you from flying?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 am

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 9

synergy46

LSA Insurance Medical Omission....

Post by synergy46 »

I have a 'neurological condition' that has been controlled by prescription medication. I have been driving without 'incident' or accident for 48 years.

I have downloaded 2 Aircraft Insurance Applications from 2 different insurance companies and neither seems to require me to answer any health related questions nor to make any affirmations or denials about 'health issues'.

Question: "If I do not divulge my 'condition' and have to make an insurance claim, will there be complications because they did not ask and I did not divulge?

Thanks

RG
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Here are the requirements for using a drivers license to fly as a sport pilot. If you have never applied for a medical certificate the statement in bold is what you have to worry about. If you have concerns talk with your doctor about it.

(2) A person using a U.S. driver's license to meet the requirements of this paragraph must—

(i) Comply with each restriction and limitation imposed by that person's U.S. driver's license and any judicial or administrative order applying to the operation of a motor vehicle;

(ii) Have been found eligible for the issuance of at least a third-class airman medical certificate at the time of his or her most recent application (if the person has applied for a medical certificate);

(iii) Not have had his or her most recently issued medical certificate (if the person has held a medical certificate) suspended or revoked or most recent Authorization for a Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate withdrawn; and

(iv) Not know or have reason to know of any medical condition that would make that person unable to operate a light-sport aircraft in a safe manner.