List of LSA insurance company's

Bob Mackey, Vice President of Falcon Insurance Agency (the official insurance agency for the EAA's Aircraft Insurance Plan), has graciously agreed to moderate this forum and answer your aircraft insurance questions. Thanks Bob!

Moderators: drseti, Bob Mackey

glyn

List of LSA insurance company's

Post by glyn »

Is there a list of LSA insurance companies out there??
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com

if you can't fly right.... fly upside down
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Glyn - you need to be a little more specific. Are you trying to get hull or liability coverage? Are you talking privately owned (and privately flown), FAA registered LSA? Or experimental, owned by a club? Or owned by a business? Or privately owned and flown as a trainer? or ...?

Whether or not it's an LSA plane isn't the major factor. It's the *use* of the plane that determines what coverage you can get.

You might want to just bite the bullet and call AOPA and EAA.

AOPA insurance: www.aopaia.com 1-800-622-AOPA

EAA insurance: http://www.eaa.org/insurance/ 1-866-647-4322

Your own website says you sell Tecnam's, and recommends Airsure and AOPA for insurance. What have they told you?

Here on the forum, insurance questions seem to get very nebulous answers, or worse, get little response. Good luck to you.

Tom
glyn

Post by glyn »

reason for asking is that we have had guys back out of buying airplanes because of insurance. plus im trying to sell to a flying club that already has insurance. their deal is that they can get insurance for an LSA but for the added price of the 5 other piper planes put together cost. if they go outside their insurance then the other company will not insure unless they write for the rest of the planes. its weird, this is the first time ive had to deal with any type of aviation insurance and it's driving me crazy. :roll: . so i was hoping to compile a list that i could call on and ask about different things for different situations.
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com

tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

Denise and Scott Porter at Aviation West 760-727-7444 is the single best person to talk to about insurance. We have talked to numerous brokers and companies and found Denise & Scott to be the most honest, direct and responsive. We use them for our flight school and recommended them to all of our customers. I have yet to hear a complaint. Good luck!
glyn

Post by glyn »

thanks!!! i tried to give them a call but no answer. so i will try to give them a call tomorrow.
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com