Recomendations for a Flying Club

There's hundreds of flying clubs around the country that own and manage aircraft for their members. Aside from the camaraderie, clubs make flying more affordable.

Moderator: drseti

Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Bottom Line: 'Flying Club' makes further complicates things and doesn't otherwise contribute to Robert's needs.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
designrs

Post by designrs »

Jack Tyler wrote:Bottom Line: 'Flying Club' makes further complicates things and doesn't otherwise contribute to Robert's needs.
Agreed Jack. I'm totally dropping the "Flying Club" definition.

Non-Equity partners is more accurate... and insurance friendly as well.
Thinking to first buy the aircraft on my own and insure it for personal use.
Then when a non-equity partner comes on board tell the insurance company,
I have a partner (or two) and we are all recreational use flyers.
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

...just to close the original string....I met with officials from the Flying Club yesterday. I stressed these topics 1) Transition training: Someone can't jump out of a Cherokee (or Cessna) and jump into an LSA. I recommended about 5 hours and suggested various topics especially x-wind landings. 2) Currency: Three landings every ninety days won't cut it. 3) Weight & Balance: Two big guys can get in and fly, as long as they don't take any fuel. 4) general operations: Avgas vs Mogas, BRS, modern avionics and limitations. We did NOT do a demo flight...gust were reported 16Kts and increasing, we'll do that another day. I also provided some contact information and suggested they talk to someone at KLHV.
Dave
drseti

Post by drseti »

deltafox wrote:Transition training: Someone can't jump out of a Cherokee (or Cessna) and jump into an LSA.
Dave, there's a transition curriculum on my website that they are welcome to use as a model:
http://avsport.org/about/downsize.htm

I also provided some contact information and suggested they talk to someone at KLHV.
Great. I'll be happy to talk to them.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US