CFI exercising Sport Pilot CFI Privileges question

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

Tessmacher

Re: CFI exercising Sport Pilot CFI Privileges question

Post by Tessmacher »

Why so many "Delete" responses in your posts?

Do you not want to contribute to threads or what?
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tessmacher

Post by Tessmacher »

FlyingForFun wrote:I delete all my post on internet forums. It's nothing against anyone here or anywhere else.
You may as well not make any then. It really disrupts threads, and is rude to those of us who are trying to follow them.

If you don't want what you have to say out there, then why bother saying anything in the first place? Sheesh...
drseti

Post by drseti »

FlyingForFun wrote:Yesterday, I got a ruling from Jay Tevis of the Light Sport Aviation Branch of the FAA that a subpart H flight instructor using a driver's license in lieu of an FAA medical in an LSA can DEFINITELY give instruction for a Private Pilot certificate
Thanks, FFF, for re-posting this for the historical record. You have performed a service for the whole LSA community by reaching out and confirming this with the FAA.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Everybody chill. FFF got us a definitive answer to the question that the OP raised. Now, can we just move on to something else?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Tessmacher

Post by Tessmacher »

drseti wrote:Everybody chill. FFF got us a definitive answer to the question that the OP raised. Now, can we just move on to something else?
Oh, I disagree... I can't read what he wrote because all the post says is "Delete"...

And your reply to it says "thanks for that information."

What's the point of a message board if a post is only "readable" for 30 minutes? It is a great disservice to delete everything you write, so that no one can follow any information after a certain amount of time. It may as well have never been posted in the first place.

Instead of blandly advising everyone to "chill", why don't you call out the person who is being disruptive by deleting all their posts? Your idea of "fairness" is part of the problem. Now go ahead and attack me for stating the obvious. I expect it.

With attitudes like this, it is easy to see why GA and Sport Aviation are dying. No one wants to come into a community like this with people who do those sorts of things... It's NOT inclusive or helpful.
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Personally I don't like the deleted post, because it creates holes in the archives. I read almost every post made here, and will often go back and look information up from old threads. To find the word "DELETED" is frustrating. Now for me I get to see most post, but some people are not on here very often, and when they look at a thread only to find post deleted it must leave them scratching thier head wondering what happened.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Tessmacher wrote:Oh, I disagree... I can't read what he wrote because all the post says is "Delete"...
If you scroll down a bit, you will see that I reported the relevant info, and so did FFF
Instead of blandly advising everyone to "chill", why don't you call out the person who is being disruptive by deleting all their posts? Your idea of "fairness" is part of the problem.
It may well be, in that I generally don't take sides in a squabble. The "chill" admonition was directed to EVERYBODY. As far as calling people out is concerned, you have no way of knowing what discussions may have occurred off-list.

Now, can we please get back to the business at hand?
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
comperini

Post by comperini »

Tessmacher wrote:
If you don't want what you have to say out there, then why bother saying anything in the first place? Sheesh...
This is why admins of many forums disable the poster's ability to edit/delete a post after a very short amount of time has passed, or when another post has been submitted. You can see the hassles that can occur when a user is allowed to just delete their posts.
- Bob
Commercial pilot, CFI, DPE, Light Sport Repairman/Maintenance
http://www.sportpilotinstructor.com