Question for the CFIs

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

designrs

Re: Question for the CFIs

Post by designrs »

Wow! Probably one of the most unique "post flight" legal concern discourses that we have seen on this board. Definitely requires some professional guidance. Most interesting read. Thanks for shaing.
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

FlyingForFun wrote:Some might say file a NASA report, but it's probably too late for that. I don't remember the timing on that.
I don't remember the timing for sending in a NASA form, either, but this should have been one of your first moves, if you're really concerned about fault. It's not like a Lifeline on a gameshow...you get more than 3. They're not a universal "get out of jail free" card, though. Bust the SFRA or FRZ around DC and they won't do you a lick of good.
- Bruce
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

drseti wrote:I would be more inclined to ask AOPA Pilot Services. Different FSDO often have different opinions.
I'll try that. I only met one FSDO and "nit picker" is an understatement. Do not want to open that can of worms.

PS - I'm not looking to incite an investigation or have anyone cited. I'm just curious.

I'll post my findings...
Aviation Real Estate Broker
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

FlyingForFun wrote:There is a standing joke that comes up at all the AOPA Flight Instructor Clinics that you should file a NASA report after every flight.
Pretty funny. A quick Google search showed there is a 10-day window to file a NASA form. [aka immunity form] After further reading, I think it was the other pilot that should be filling out the form.
Aviation Real Estate Broker
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTLSi

Post by CTLSi »

Last edited by CTLSi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingForFun

Post by FlyingForFun »

Delete
Last edited by FlyingForFun on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTLSi

Post by CTLSi »

Last edited by CTLSi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

One thought,

You might have told the tower that you do not have the traffic on final for the parallel. If he was faster and behind you but going to overtake you the tower could have confirmed that he had you.