Why is the instructor section so dead????

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

mhaleem

Why is the instructor section so dead????

Post by mhaleem »

Is the reason this section has no activity due to the current state of the sport pilot cfi rating??? Sport pilot cfi's are the ones to promote light sport aviation right???
Tuskegee U Alum
Helen

Post by Helen »

Because it is the summer/fall, we are instructing sun-up to sun-down, and none of us are getting home until 9 at night and are way too tired to sit on chat groups when we do....

Helen
RyanShort1

Post by RyanShort1 »

What Helen said! I've been fairly busy with regular students, also have three light-sport students in the Cub.

Ryan
Independent Flight Instructor at http://www.TexasTailwheel.com. Come fly tailwheel LSA's.
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

I am glad to hear you two are keeping busy now, there are a lot of CFIs out there starving for business. Keep up the good work.
eddieki

Post by eddieki »

My experance while looking for an instructer is first you have to find one with an aircraft available that meets the rules. Next finding an instructer that don't look down his nose at Lite Sport or Recreation I found that most I talked to would try to discourage you from working to get a Lite Sport License.
Maybe that will change in the future.?
I Explained to them I don't want to fly in controled air space or fly at nite or fly an aircraft that is a fuel hog. "I can't afford It" I joined a flying club that has A BC12 Taylorcraft, a Cherokee 140 and a Tripacer. and a very good Instructor available. I Got about 8 hours in the T-Craft and put things on hold to make some improvments on my house , but plan to get back at it after the first of the year.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

mhaleen:

A few busy CFI's aside, that section is probably inactive because this entire forum is relatively inactive. Of the forums I've started visiting, as I reclimb the learning curve after a spell away from GA, I'd say this one offers the least member content I've found.

If you anticipate a certain kind of flying or aspire to a certain kind of aircraft, my advice is to begin using forums that suit those interests. E.g. if low cost flying is a necessity, you may well end up in the Experimental class aircraft, so begin using the EAA forums. If you ultimately want a share in an RV, then using Vans Air Force's forum makes lots of sense (perhaps the most content rich single source I've found, on far more than just RV a/c's). Owner forums generally have huge participation, and that includes the LSA forums (fora?). And along with zeroing in on specific forums, don't overlook using the technical resources available to you (free, of course) from AOPA, including their LSA and SP technical staff. (You are a member of AOPA, right?)

Lots of info out there. I've been very encouraged at how easy it is to find info I know I need when compared to the 90's. It's just that most of it is elsewhere.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org