CFI Sport = Impotence !

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

cfiiguy

Post by cfiiguy »

Cheez Paul, next time I have a "stir the pot" moment I'll just log out!!!LOL
I REALLY appreciate the effort made by you and all the insightful discussion from the members here. I was sure the dual by a non-medical CFI towards the sport license would count towards the PPL. Never expected that one could give all but the night training towards the PPL as long as it was given a LSA. I understand we are discussing LS here, but just wanted to point out a non-medical'd CFI/CFII or MEI can give any and all dual they could before with a medical, as long as they don't have to assume PIC duties. I.E. BFR's, complex, high performance check outs. Tail wheel endorsments, type check out's,etc. as long as the "pilot" is rated, current and has a valid BFR and medical. Duane Cole was the best example of this I can think of. He gave "dual" at OSH for years to some of the best Acro pilots in the world!!!!LOL!! Continued to teach hard core acro to just before his passing. Just amazes me I can teach Acro, with no medical, but can't fly for fun. Thanks goodness for the LSA cat. Now if we can just get them to raise the weight limits!!
THANKS again for your dedication to the sport!!
Steve
CFI-I / MEI
drseti

Post by drseti »

cfiiguy wrote: Now if we can just get them to raise the weight limits!!!
Ah, but if they did that, I'd have to fly an HSA! :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Everyone has been wrong sometime with these regs that are supposed to be simple, including me, as we figure this out. I am glad to be challenged here with all the knowledge and experience which helps us all.
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites