Going for my ppl!

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

Flying freak

Going for my ppl!

Post by Flying freak »

I’m finally going to be going for my ppl soon I’ve been into RC airplanes for a while which has given me a somewhat useable back round (i hope) . Can’t wait to learn more!

I’m looking for watches any suggestions? I found one I liked but I’ve read it’s not so great as it has a red second hand and you would be unable to see it in red cockpit light? This is the watch I’m looking at http://www.seikocan.com/watchDetail.php?id=1008 any other alternatives I should look at ?

Thanks for your time!
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Before buying a bunch of stuff, I would suggest you talk with your flight school and CFI first, and then, get stuff as you need it. They will be able to give you good advice on what you need and when you need it. Good luck and have fun getting your PPL!
Jim Stewart

Post by Jim Stewart »

What Chuck said. You won't need the watch for a long time.

If you need to spend money, buy the Sporty's ground school and start working it.
Flying freak

Post by Flying freak »

Thanks for the heads up,

I should start ground school next week as its intended for me to be ready to go for my exam in about a month.

I just though I watch may be needed and since I don’t have any (functional) watches I would go ahead and get something that would be good for many years..

Steven
agaviator

Post by agaviator »

The kind of watch is only important to people who want to "look" like
a pilot. A good pilot knows that his is one.
Skyking