CTsw with 6 months left on "warranty"

Got something to buy or sell? Post it here!

Moderator: drseti

artp

CTsw with 6 months left on "warranty"

Post by artp »

I got my new CTsw 6 months ago. When I got it the oil thermostat did not work, the landing light did not work, a CHT probe did not work, and since I have owned it the door struts no longer hold the doors all of the way open. Now after 6 months of owner ship, the oil thermostat does not work and it can’t be fixed because the problem is with the Flight Design design of the oil cooling system which has no solution. The landing light, CHT probe, and door struts do not work because parts were on order. I was just notified today that they were in but the next available service appointment is not until May 7.

It is clear to me that Flight Design is incapable of providing service or parts for the planes they have sold making the warranty worthless.

If anyone is interested in a 2007 CTsw with 21 hours, night light package, Tundra wheels, Digiflight II VS, SL 40, GTX330, GPS496, oil/water thermostat, and a Bruce cover for $99,000, let me know.
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Good grief Art. I sure hope these things aren't happening on a large scale. For the price of that plane, you'd think there'd be fewer problems and less down time (and thus, more "up" time).

Where's the CT manufactured? Germany/Ukraine? Really makes you wonder what the quality will be on that new Cessna SkyCatcher made in China.

Yikes.
Tom
artp

Post by artp »

CTflyer wrote:Good grief Art. I sure hope these things aren't happening on a large scale. For the price of that plane, you'd think there'd be fewer problems and less down time (and thus, more "up" time).

Where's the CT manufactured? Germany/Ukraine? Really makes you wonder what the quality will be on that new Cessna SkyCatcher made in China.

Yikes.
Tom
The CT is made in the Ukraine, where apparantly the parts are kept incase needed in the states. The big advantage of the Cessna is the mid Atlantic region of the US has 10 authorized Cessna service centers but only on Flight Design service center. It is also my understanding that Cessna service centers are required to maintain some level of parts availability and Cessna itself can afford to wharehouse parts in the US.
Super Cub

Post by Super Cub »

I would think that you will sell your plane real quick at that price, Art.
artp

Post by artp »

Super Cub wrote:I would think that you will sell your plane real quick at that price, Art.
That is the idea.
CharlieTango

Re: CTsw with 6 months left on "warranty"

Post by CharlieTango »

artp wrote:I got my new CTsw 6 months ago. When I got it the oil thermostat did not work, the landing light did not work, a CHT probe did not work, and since I have owned it the door struts no longer hold the doors all of the way open. Now after 6 months of owner ship, the oil thermostat does not work and it can’t be fixed because the problem is with the Flight Design design of the oil cooling system which has no solution. The landing light, CHT probe, and door struts do not work because parts were on order. I was just notified today that they were in but the next available service appointment is not until May 7.

It is clear to me that Flight Design is incapable of providing service or parts for the planes they have sold making the warranty worthless.

If anyone is interested in a 2007 CTsw with 21 hours, night light package, Tundra wheels, Digiflight II VS, SL 40, GTX330, GPS496, oil/water thermostat, and a Bruce cover for $99,000, let me know.
gee art, this looks like another flight design bashing post, not an attempt to sell your airplane.
artp

Re: CTsw with 6 months left on "warranty"

Post by artp »

CharlieTango wrote:
artp wrote:I got my new CTsw 6 months ago. When I got it the oil thermostat did not work, the landing light did not work, a CHT probe did not work, and since I have owned it the door struts no longer hold the doors all of the way open. Now after 6 months of owner ship, the oil thermostat does not work and it can’t be fixed because the problem is with the Flight Design design of the oil cooling system which has no solution. The landing light, CHT probe, and door struts do not work because parts were on order. I was just notified today that they were in but the next available service appointment is not until May 7.

gee art, this looks like another flight design bashing post, not an attempt to sell your airplane.
It is up for sale at the price specified. I just think the buyer is entitled to know my thoughts on the plane. That way if he is unhappy he has no recourse to me for being less than honest.
Super Cub

CTsw for sale

Post by Super Cub »

Art,
Just a suggestion. Why not list your plane for sale over on CTflyer?
The forum is CT specific and the folks on the site know what they are getting.
Your plane, at the price you are asking, is the best deal I have seen in the year that I have been shopping.
artp

Post by artp »

This plane is no longer available. (I traded it in on a Cessna.)
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

YEA!!! Good for you!!!! Good luck with your new plane!
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!