WANTED: Insurance Share on LSA in Seattle Area

Got something to buy or sell? Post it here!

Moderator: drseti

zdsweet

WANTED: Insurance Share on LSA in Seattle Area

Post by zdsweet »

Hey everyone,

I recently got my SPL back in December of 2011. I have been looking around for a while for an owner of an LSA in the Seattle area that would be willing to put me on their insurance. The rental rates are insane and I would save a lot of money making one big insurance payment and then just paying for gas.

Any fixed wing LSA will do, preferably North of Auburn and from Arlington south.

Thanks,

Zach
drseti

Re: WANTED: Insurance Share on LSA in Seattle Area

Post by drseti »

zdsweet wrote:I would save a lot of money making one big insurance payment and then just paying for gas.
Yes, it certainly would save you money, but what owner is going to go for a deal like that? Remember that fuel represents only about 25% of direct operating costs for an LSA. The owner still needs to be compensated for the hourly pro-rata share of oil changes, hangar rent, 100 hour or annual inspections, service bulletins, carb and gearbox overhauls (if Rotax powered), engine TBO, tires, brakes, and airframe wear and tear. I think if you run the numbers for actual cost of operation, you will find it comes pretty close to prevailing rental rates.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
zdsweet

rental

Post by zdsweet »

Yeah, sounds good. I suppose you are right. I have a few places I rent from in Seattle I guess I'll just stick with them. I plan on going to college either in Bellingham or Pullman Washington in a year and a half. PUW only has 152's, and I haven't looked into BLI yet. Thanks for the reply.