Looking for partner(s) in Southern California

Got something to buy or sell? Post it here!

Moderator: drseti

NismoRR

Looking for partner(s) in Southern California

Post by NismoRR »

I'm looking to partner up on an LSA with 1-3 other people. I live in Murrieta and would like to base the plane at F70 French Valley or KHMT Hemet. I trained in the Skycatcher and would consider several models. Looks like there may be a deal to be had on a 3-5 year old Flight Design or Remos right now, and with this wonderful economy, the potential for a good deal is likely if patient and vigilant.

Anyway, if anyone in the area is interested, please message me and we'll take it from there.

Todd
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Todd, I don't know if you are a member of AOPA (yet) but they offer members a free subscription to Aircraft Partnerships, which has many thousands of 'seekers' and 'partners, looking'. Take a look at:

www.aopa.org/aircraftpartnership

I formed a partnership some years ago when the family Grumman began to be underutilized. It was a super experience and made flying about as inexpensive as any hobby can possibly be. Along with doing the web thing, don't overlook posting on the local BB's at both airports you are interested in. There could well be an LSA owner there who's wondering why he's spent so much money for less than 100 hrs/year of flying.

Good luck to you.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
NismoRR

Post by NismoRR »

Hi Jack,

Don't get me started with that partenrship progam. I signed uo over a month ago, and still can't get that account activated. I've emailed AOPA twice already and they get back to me and tell me the account is activated, which it is not. VERY frustrating!! I'm going to try again right now.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, at my home airport there's nothng going on for LSA except the Skycatcher I rent. Doesn't look much better at F70 either, but I do go over there a few times a month. I'm tryng to be patient, but it's not my strongest attribute. :?

...on hold with AOPA now to get my account fixed up for the partnership program. Taking a while and sure why it has to take this long.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Todd, FWIW I also found the initial sign-up with 'Partnerships' didn't go smoothly. Hand in there...

Just in the past two days, I got two 'high potential' new members for my local airport identified for me, so it does work as advertised. Sorry to hear your local airports don't offer you what you are looking for.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
NismoRR

Post by NismoRR »

Hi Jack,

Finally got in the system but unfortunately there's not many LSA listings in my area. There's just one about 50 miles away, an Evector Sportstar. I'm looking for a high wing but the financing on this plane would be fantastic, $4900 down, $220-270/month fixed cost. If this was a CT, Remos or Skycatcher, I'd be in business. Still looking and trying to learn patience. :lol: